I received this email from World Vision Malaysia, and I am a strong believer in Volunteerism. If you're interested please contact Ms. Jennifer Ting at Jennifer_Ting@wvi.org
(i copied and paste the email here for your convenience)
Greetings from World Vision.
We wish to invite you to volunteer at an upcoming event during the festive season, which is to promote the Gifts of Hope (GoH) Catalogue to the shoppers at Bangsar Shopping Centre!
As part of our annual fund-raising efforts, World Vision Malaysia produces a gift catalogue which provides a unique way for the gift giver to help children and families in need, while honouring friends and loved ones.
The catalogue features life-giving essentials, such as livestock for families and school supplies for children in poor communities. When donors pick gifts from the Catalogue, they will receive special gift cards for their friends or loved ones. The donors can use the card to tell them about the meaningful gifts that have been given in their honour. By ordering a gift from the catalogue, the donor is helping to make a difference in the lives of those whom we seek to help.
The gift catalogue campaign garnered over RM 750,000 in donations last year. This year, we hope to raise RM880,000 in gifts to Sudan, Azerbaijan, Indonesia, Myanmar, Vietnam and Malaysia. The campaign will include a promotional booth in Bangsar Shopping Centre (BSC) – kindly provided for free by the mall.
The BSC campaign will last for 5 weekends:
a) 28 & 29 Nov
b) 5 & 6 Dec
c) 12 & 13 Dec
d) 19 & 20 Dec
e) 26 & 27 Dec
There will be 2 shifts per day:
Morning Shift (10.00am - 4.00pm)
Afternoon Shift (4.00pm - 10.00pm)
We are looking for volunteers who meet the following criteria:
- Able to work as a team to approach shoppers to promote World Vision and the GoH Catalogue.
- To provide relevant information and answer queries regarding World Vision and the GoH Catalogue.
- Must attend training on World Vision Malaysia office
- Fluent in English at the
- Possess good communication skills, enjoy talking to people
- Willing to work towards a fundraising target given (NEW!! The Top 3 teams with the highest amount raised will be rewarded!)
- 18 years and above
1) Kindly select the shift(s) you wish to volunteer for. You are encouraged to select more than 1 shifts (please see attached roster - kindly fill in and reply with the form).
2) 4 volunteers are required for each shift. Kindly report for duty at the mall half an hour before your shift starts.
3) Male volunteers, kindly select the afternoon shifts. We hope that there must be at least 2 male volunteers on all afternoon shifts; this is to ensure the safety of all volunteers at night.
4) A token of RM10 per shift will be given to each volunteer as meal allowance.
Please do recommend your friends who may share the same passion in voluntary work.
I look forward to your reply soon, not later than 13 November 2009. Please contact me should you require additional information.